Hiring a Franchise Lawyer as Your Outside General Counsel Can Help You Proactively Solve Legal Issues Before They Snowball
We can act as outside general counsel for franchisors, multi-unit franchisees or associations, providing regular legal advice to owners, executives, the board of directors, or association leaders. Our familiarity with franchise legal issues and franchising allows us to identify legal risks and strategies for mitigating them proactively. In addition, by getting to know your business, we can solve problems before they snowball and become costly. With experience as a general counsel for a franchisor, we are familiar with almost any issue that may occur in franchising, including:
- Advising officers and directors on fiduciary duties and strategic considerations;
- Handling corporate governance for the board of directors and shareholders;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including supply chain, marketing, joint venture, software, and financing agreements;
- Drafting consultant agreements, non-disclosure, and non-competition agreements;
- Advising on franchise disclosure and relationship law, termination, default, non-renewal and transfers, marketing plans, trademark infringement, trade secrets, product pricing, supplier issues, and other related franchise issues;
- Lease drafting and negotiation;
- Litigation, arbitration, and mediation, including advising on the retention and strategy of other outside attorneys;
- Due diligence and mergers and acquisitions deal support; and
- Advice regarding insurance coverage disputes.
We also maintain an extensive network of professionals to assist on any legal or business issue that arises that goes beyond the services we provide.
The Value of Working with an Experienced General Counsel
Franchise attorney Doug Luther served as in-house counsel to a franchisor and has deep experience in every aspect of franchising. In that role, he built the legal department and advised the franchisor on a multitude of legal issues. He was responsible for the franchisor’s franchise registration and relationship obligations, litigation, contract negotiation, commercial transactions, corporate development and governance, and advising on employment, insurance, and data privacy law. His background and business acumen provide additional value and insight that others cannot match.
Expertise at a Competitive Price
We provide various packages that provide you with discounted rates and ensure you always have a lawyer to answer your calls and address your concerns. These packages include the following:
- Enterprise – Up to 50 hours of legal work each month – 20 hours of unused legal work rolls into the next month – minimum of three months – $16,000/month (save $3,750 a month) – 15% off the hourly rate for additional attorney hours
- Prestige – Up to 40 hours of legal work each month – 15 hours of unused legal work rolls into the next month – minimum of three months – $13,500/month (save $2,300 a month) – 10% off the hourly rate for additional attorney hours
- Growth – Up to 30 hours of legal work each month – 10 hours of unused legal work rolls into the next month – minimum of three months – $10,750/month (save $1,100 a month) – 5% off the hourly rate for additional attorney hours
- Basic – Up to 20 hours of legal work each month – 5 hours of unused legal works rolls into the next month – minimum of three months – $7,500/month (save $400 a month)
Retain a General Counsel Today
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So get ahead of your legal issues by hiring an outside general counsel. Whether you are in Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego, Southern California, or beyond, to discuss your needs and how we can help, call or email us today to schedule a consultation.